Though many of us love the winter season, but still, we and the animals face many difficulties during this season. We came up with this article just because caring birds during the winter time is a very common topic of discussion among the bird lovers. Not only birds, people those who love their pets, seek for some information about taking care of their animals. You should keep that in mind that your feathered friends in home really want some extra care during this time. So it is your responsibility to take some care about them and that will completely depend on the way you keep your pet in your home. So let’s have a look on some of the best bird caring tips for this winter.
Take Care of Pet Birds this Winter:
1. Keep them Indoors: Don’t ever think of keeping your pet birds outside during the winter time. You know the temperature outside and nothing can be good in that freezing cold. Like you demand stay in a warm environment, your pet birds also demand for that. So keep your pet birds inside the room and make some necessary arrangements for that. Yeah! This is only temporary for some few months.
2. Maintain the Room Temperature: It is the best idea to keep your room temperature in an optimum condition to support the pet birds. If you are using a room heater, you should obviously keep in mind about the humidity. Maximum dry air inside the room may cause dryness of mucous membranes in the birds.
3. Maintain proper Humidity: As we have said, excessive use of room heaters can dry up the air inside the room. But this is not at all good for the health of your pet birds. So in such situations, allow your pet birds to inhale some steam, which actually keeps their body hydrated. In this case, the best idea to keep your bird’s cage in the bathroom so that they can have some time while you take a warm water bath.
4. Change the Drinking Water: Actually, it is very normal that the water becomes cold very soon as it adjusts with the outside temperature. So due to this case, your pet bird will show some signs of difficulties with drinking the water as no one likes to drink cold water during the cold season. While caring for the birds, remember to keep some warm water for their drinking.
5. Supply Proper Food: This is a very crucial factor that you should consider. Supplying enough food is very important while considering the garden pet birds. Actually, it is very difficult to get natural food for the birds. So you will have to arrange for some foods that can really serve them during this season. So provide them some food that will give them enough calorie and energy during this winter.
6. Warm water: Do you really know that birds love water? Yes, they do love water. So try to give them some warm water bath. But yes remember to make your bird dry immediately. Warm water bath will give them a chance to get exposed to humidity as well.
7. Keep your Room Safe: If you keep your pet birds open and not in the cage, then you will have to keep your bird room safe for the bird, as they will move from here and there. Avoid burning wood, coal, charcoal in a closed place, as they will create too much smoke. Avoid using gas burners very near to them and keep the room heating
measures out of the reach of your bird.
8. Health Check up: Take your birds for health check up regularly during the wintertime. Actually, it is better to keep them under medical supervision during this time. Again, if you see anything normal in them during this time, you should obviously contact your vet doctor immediately.
So winter is coming very soon but this time you will not have to think much about it, that’s because you will be no more confused about the matter of caring your pet birds this winter. Actually, we should say that there is nothing to get confused about the matter, rather you should obviously enjoy the season with your family and pet as the tips you have seen here will be helping you out during the time.