Before choosing a perfect dog breed according to your choice, it is very important to study well in the internet, so that you don’t make a mistake with your pet. Actually, choice of pets varies from person to person. Some people look for small dogs or some love to spend time with large dogs, some to short haired or some go for long haired, and today we have come with this article, which will give you the list of small long haired dog breeds. So you can keep both of your choice simultaneously with a single pet. Have a look on the list and choose the one perfect for you.
Popular Small Long Haired Dog Breeds:
1. Havanese: The national dog of Cuba is also very cute. It is the only native breed of the country and known to be very intelligent, funny and outgoing. It is regarded as a very popular breed around the world and remains small all their life. They also come with long fur, which you really want.
2. Japanese Chin: This dog breed belongs to the toy group of dogs and is very charming in nature. They love their family very much and are very reserved in front of the strangers. So you can easily keep a faith on them. Japanese chin is a very aristocratic dog and are not so popular around the world.
3. Maltese: If you are looking for a very gentle dog, you should go with this choice. They come with a good energy and love to play all around the house throughout the day. Though they are small in size but they are very fearless in nature. So give this charming breed a try. They are only available in white color.
4. Pekingese: Some owners look for a loyal dog in their home. Pekingese is a great example of that. Though they are not full of energy but are very loyal and affectionate in nature. They look very cute in small size and long furs. They have originated from China and regarded as a very well balanced dog.
5. Shi Tzu: Shi Tzu is also regarded as a very popular dog breed and is a very lovely toy dog. Similarly, to the previous one, Shi Tzu also comes from the Chinese ancestry and a bit of arrogant dog. If trained well they can be your best pet and yes, of course they have a great love for their owners.
6. Yorkshire Terrier: Late from the Victorian Era, this dog breed has become a very fashionable pet around the world. It is one of the most popular dog breeds and are known for their great attitude and personality. Yorkshire Terrier is a very confident dog. But don’t forget about their affection.
7. English Toy Spaniel: This toy group member may be small in size but they still possess a nature of hunting. If you want a pet to guard your home all the time, this dog breed is a perfect one being small in size. They are very alert about everything and love to move around all through the day. They are also known for their study body and charming temperament.
8. Papillon: Do you know what does the word ‘papillon’ means in French? Butterfly is called as papillon in French language. Do you know why this name was given to them? Just read below. But actually, it is a small, elegant, toy dog breed with a very light weight. They have long firs all over their body and can be easily distinguished from other dog breeds by the butterfly like ears.
9. Silky Terrier: Coming straight from Australia, this amazing dog is now making its popular name all around the world. They have a quality of hunting around your house. So you can stay away from all the unwanted rodents moving around your house. They have very silky long haired fur all over their body and all their qualities make them an ideal companion pet.
10. Lhasa Apso: This lap dog breed has originated from the Tibet and was used as guard dogs in monasteries. They are known to be very loyal to the people very close to them. Lhasas are very intelligent also. So if they are trained in a proper way, they can be a good pet dog for your home.
Small dog with long hairs was your criteria and you got many of such dog breeds that fulfill your criteria. Now it’s your chance to choose one as your pet. The thing is that read about each of the dog in details and then decide which one will be the best choice for your family. So have a great time with your family as well as your new pet. Check out the articles on dog breeds, which will also help you to choose a pet for your home.