6. Octopus Wolfi: It is the smallest octopus in the world with a length of less than an inch. They are mainly found in the shallow waters. Though nothing much is known about this creature and so research is still going on them. You will just think about one word that is cute after seeing this octopus.
7. Larger Pacific Striped Octopus: This strange octopus species can change its color and appearance according to the surroundings just to protect themselves from the predators. It is also known as the most social octopus among all the species.
8. Benthic Octopus: It is one of the most shy octopus seen in the deep sea. It is seen to crawl over the timbers of the ship wrecks. They are mainly found in the Northeast Atlantic Sea. But they are known as very rare and shy creatures in the sea. According to the scientists, very little is known about this amazing octopus species.
9. Giant Pacific Octopus: This is a very popular name of the North pacific and is the largest marine cephalopods on the planet. They grow very big and live longer than any other octopus species. The record size of this octopus is about 30 feet, which is truly beyond imagination.
10. Hydrothermal Vent Octopus: A small benthic octopus, which lives in, superheated hydrothermal vents. If you see them in details, their eyes are covered by a semi translucent skin that helps them to see in the deep waters. They feed themselves on crabs mainly as their primary food sources. They lives along the East Pacific rise, the border of the pacific, Cocos and the Nazca Plate. It is also often found near the colonies of Giant tubeworms.
So there is no doubt that octopus are one of the most intelligent and loving animals that makes the under-water more and more beautiful. You know about the most common species of octopus and here you can also see the pictures of them. Also, don’t forget to check out the other article on deep-sea creatures on our blog.