The great Dane is a combination of strength, dignity, and elegance in appearance and has a body that is well-formed and powerfully muscled. If you are thinking of getting one as a pet ensure that you schedule time for a daily quota of exercise. You will also find the useful great Dane care and requisite information very useful in taking care of your pet.
10. Mastiff: Mastiffs are always known to be very courageous and dignified in their own style. But they are very social and docile in nature.The average height of mastiff’s up to 65-75cm.
This a huge breed of dog the males of which can weigh as much as 113 kgs. It is one of the largest dogs in terms of mass and on average can be heavier than the St.Bernard. This dog also has one of the most strongest animal bites in the world, so we would advise caution if you are considering getting one as a pet. You can search for large dog breed supplies, including training items and large harnesses on PetClever.
11. Cane Corso: They are very smart and intelligent dog breed with a great confidence and activeness. The main thing of this dog breed is they are very muscular in nature.Males stand 25 to 27.5 inches and females 23.5 to 26 inches.
This dog breed is a Italian breed of mastiff. It is a very highly muscled dog though less bulky than its English relative and weighs around 50 kgs on the higher side. The dog comes in two colors- black and fawn. This breed is considered one of the favorite black dog breeds. This breed is used mostly for taking care of cattle and swine and known to be a useful companion when it comes to swine hunting.
12. Bernese mountain dog: Bernese Mountain Dogs are mainly very calm and quiet in nature. They are very social but with a large body that makes most of the people afraid of them.the average height of this male dog is 26 inches.
Related: Top 10 Mountain Dog Breeds
This is a large and heavy breed of dog that can grow to as much 71 cms in height and weigh as much as 55 kgs, especially the male. This outdoor breed can be comfortable inside a household as long as you provide them with them plenty of exercise and activities. But do note that this breed counts among the most unhealthy dog breeds with a higher chance to be afflicted by cancer.
13. Tibetan Mastiff: If you keep them in your house, they are very mellow and calm in nature. Much devoted to the family as every owner wants. But very aggressive towards the strangers.
The males of this breed can reach a weight of 90 kgs and somehow still manage to look fluffy due to the abundance of hair. It is one of those breeds of dogs that look like bears or teddy bears. Since we are talking about a primitive breed, this one has the hardiness to survive in the cold climes of Tibet.
14. Black Russian Terrier: Black Russian Terriers are normally very smart, confident and protective towards their loved ones. They grow really large and come with an amazing appearance.Black Russian’s weight can range from 80 to 140 pounds
This dog has a double coat with an outer coat that is coarse under which is a softer coat. This breed is a calm and confident dog with plenty of courage. It is very smart and easy to train. The Black Russian Terrier was actually bred to protect which is the reason for its alert and determined nature.
15. Neapolitan Mastiff: They are very watchful and loyal to their owners. Normally calm in nature but can be very aggressive towards the owners.According to the American Kennel Club (AKC) standard, male Neapolitan Mastiffs should measure 26–31 inches.
This extremely protective and fearless dog can weigh as much as 70 kgs, especially the males. This breed is covered in loose skin and its coat can be mahogany, black, tawny or blue in color. It is one of the amazing dog breeds from Mediterranean countries. If you are considering having one as a pet, do give consideration to its socialization needs.
16 Dogue De Bordeaux: This is a dog breed with an average weight of 144 pounds and can grow up to 26 inches. This breed is a purebred and is very courageous, active and social dog breed. Keep them in regular exercise for a fit body structure.
17 Rottweiler: Rottweiler originates from Germany and is a very popular large dog breed. They are very intelligent and fearless in nature.
18 Caucasian Ovcharka: This dog breed is known for it’s large body and fearless nature. Caucasians are very protective and aggressive. they can also used for hunting.
Now it’s up to you which breed you are going to choose from here depending on your ability to keep them as pets. The choice generally varies from man to man but you should go for the one you like the most.
We have given you some interesting points to ponder about types of large dog breeds along with pictures so that you have an idea about what to expect.