Dogs are as good as gold. They mean the world to their owner. They bring joy, serenity, and happiness to everyday life! But hey, no one said being a pet owner is an easy task, right? In fact, it proves to be quite challenging at times, especially when doggy does not feel well.
As we covered in this article, whether it is poo, pee or fur you are dealing with, you can overcome pet mess using high-end equipment.
However, this piece right here is for all other hands-on enthusiasts, seeking help to fight obdurate puppy-sick smudges or… vomit. Skip the headache and get dog vomit out of the carpet right off the hook! In a matter of minutes, your carpet can obtain that sought-after shipshape, neat and fresh.
Clean Out The Mess By Means Of Unbeatable Diy Remedy
Canines, like humans, throw up. When their digestive system runs across stale or vile matters, it triggers the “ejection” button in no time.
It goes without saying – you should clean dog vomit out of the carpet at the drop of a hat. If let sit for too long, puppy puke will get deeper into the textile fibers and possibly pass the padding underneath. Not to mention the potent sickening stench taking over the house.
According to a professional from the London-based Fantastic Cleaners company, the longer an organic stain sets in your carpet or rug, the more effort you’ll waste to remove it and if you fail to treat it in time, it might set in your carpet to a moment beyond cleaning. That’s why taking action as soon as possible is an absolute must.
Step 1 – Get The Bulk Out
To kick the cleaning process off, remove as much solid waste from the smeary area as possible. A regular old spoon is a quite perfect tool you may need to get the dirty job done. Skim the carpeting surface to scrape off the “chunky” matters.
Just a reminder – be gentle as you may squash some vomit particles down into the carpet, making them twice as difficult to remove.
Step 2 – Take The Excess Liquid Out Of The Carpet
Next step is to absorb any liquids left behind to the extent feasible. To do so, blot and dab the soiled area with paper towels or clean white rags. Avoid rubbing as puke could scatter around and settle deeper in your carpet.
Step 3 – Craft The Unrivalled Home Remedy
It is now time to reveal the recipe and design highly efficient, homemade, carpet cleaning solution. The secret ingredients – baking soda and cornstarch. The natural absorbency of both soaks up residual liquid from the fabric while deodorizing the carpet.
All you have to do is to:
- Mix equal amounts of baking soda and cornstarch in a bowl (about couple tbsp of each component, depending on the size of the filthy carpet);
- Sprinkle the vomit infested area liberally;
- Let the powder sit for 20 minutes;
- Once the remedy becomes clumpy, vacuum it out thoroughly.
Your carpet will look and smell better.
Step 4 – Clean Any Throw-up Stains Left Behind
To finish up the cleaning process, kit yourself out with hydrogen peroxide, tap water, and an empty spray bottle.
- Dilute one part of hydrogen peroxide with one part of tap water;
- Pour the liquid solution into a clean spray bottle;
- Mist the vomit stained patch of the carpet lavishly to full saturation;
- Let the cleaning substance sit for about 30 minutes;
- Gently rub the blemish via a white towel (Note: do not use colored rags since color might transfer dye to your carpet);
- See the lather forming? That`s fine! Foam lifts dirt from your carpet fibers and leaves you with spick-and-span carpet;
- When done, blot up any remaining moisture with a clean cloth. Again, make sure you use a white cloth.
There are many ways to cope with stubborn dog vomit stains on your carpet. Clearly, once treated, it is way more difficult to get rid of it afterwards. Therefore, we at Tail & Fur come to the rescue with a homemade solution you might haven`t heard of before.
To craft your own vomit cleaner, arm yourself with following cleaning ammunition:
- 2 cups of warm water
- 1 tbsp of salt
- ½ cup of white vinegar
- 1 tbsp of mild dish soap
- 2 tbsp of rubbing alcohol
Mix all ingredients and stir them slowly.
Note: Before proceeding further, make a spot test on a small or hidden piece of your carpet and check if decoloration happens.
Once prooved the remedy is suitable for your carpet, get rid of any old dog sick stains by completing the steps below:
- Spread the substance over the affected area with a regular kitchen sponge;
- For best results, dip the sponge repeatedly in the cleaning solution till fully saturated;
- Scrub the stained area in small circles. Go easy on the rubbing so you don`t eventually rip your carpet;
- It is not long before the stain is completely gone. From that point, meticulously rinse the treated area with cold water;
- When done, absorb as much residue moisture as you possibly can by laying and pressing a clean white cloth on top of the tackled section of your carpet;
- To speed up the drying process, place a fan or a heater close to the damp area.
As a general rule of thumb, dog vomit stains are extremely stubborn. If so, maybe it’s best to book a professional company.
How To Prevent Your Dog From Getting Sick
Cleaning dog vomit from carpet isn’t a pleasant ordeal.
When such accidents occur, neither you nor your pup has a good time. Therefore, aim to narrow down the reasons why puppy gets his tummy upset.
First things first, assess if your dog throwing up is a one-off accident. Does it get sick within the usual limits of overall health? If not, consider taking your four-legged friend to the veterinarian and rule out any health issues that lead to vomiting.
Per usual, a simple overfeeding makes pups queasy. In such a case, there is no need for a vet appointment since an efficient vomit remedy can easily be found at home.
Another way to put an end of dog vomiting is to create and follow a proper nutrition plan. Despite all myths and misconceptions about homemade dog food, there are plenty suitable for your hound do-it-yourself food recipes. You can easily follow them and cook some delicious plates for your beloved pet. Which ingredients are mandatory to be included in your pup`s dishes? Find out here.
Talking about feeding, did your dog eat grass last time you gave it a walk? If so, that might be another reason for unusual pup vomiting you didn’t think about.
Dog vomit can not only be a huge mess, but health scares can also turn simple eject into stressful concerns.
Now that you know how to deal with pet vomit stains on your carpet, spend more time with your four-legged friend. Identify the cause for dog`s malaise and shut it off for good.