In some parts of the world winter seems to be a great bothering time. As the places with too cold weather, are very much fatal for both animals and humans. For some peoples winter is a very irritating season with cough, cold and fever.
But again for some people winter is a fun time with lots of tasty food, festivals and games. Again some love this season for its lovely nature. But the main thing we are going to discuss today is that how much we think about our pets in this season.
Like us they also face a lot of problems and irritation in extreme cold. So if we are keeping pet at home then it is also our duty to give them a special care at this cold time. So here we will give 8 tips for caring your pet this winter.
Tips for Caring your Pet this Winter:
1. Pet Shelter: If you love to keep your pet outside your home most of the time and have a separate shelter for him. Then this is a very important point for you. Actually keep in mind that the furs are always not enough for them to fight with the cold outside no matter how much long it is. So it is always your duty to make a warm, dry shelter for them if you want to keep them outside your home.
2. Diet Control: The dietary needs are always different among the animals. Animals have a tendency to conserve energy in winter. So you will notice that they sleep more at this time. If you take them outside for an exercise regularly then also they will not do much workout at this time. So to maintain their calorie intake you should have a control on their diet.
3. Deadly Drink: If your pet remains free all the time and if your pet’s shelter is near your garage then be careful about this matter. Actually during winter a deadly fluid known as anti freeze licks out from your car’s radiator. This is the main cause of bothering. If your pets have just a drop of it, harmful effect will occur. Actually it may seem very tasty for them. So you should have a look on that.
4. Check your Car: At winter time the favorite place for most of the indoor animals is car. They would love to make their suitable place on any parts of car because of its warmness. Especially the hood is most favorite among animals as its stay warm for a long time. So it becomes your duty to check almost all the parts before starting it otherwise a mishap will happen.
5. Keep them in: Some pets love to spend them their time outside home. But during winter, especially in the extreme cold areas don’t let them go outside for a walk. Sometimes ice is very dangerous for pets so during snowfall and bitter cold keep them locked inside home.
6. Fresh Water: Animals need a lot of energy to stay warm during winter as a result they will eat more and more at this time. So if your pet is an outdoor animal then give them some more food. But the most vital part is to provide them with a lot of fresh water to drink. Check the water container very often so that they get water anytime they want to drink. Actually in too cold places water freezes into ice so the water n their container may also get frozen. As a result they will not get enough water to drink.
7. Frost Bite: Outdoor animals suffer from frost bite at this time. The most important parts are tail tip, ears and paws. You know very well that frost bite is a dangerous harmful disease. You should take some measures to keep them warm enough. You can use special boots, coats for them. If you see blisters, waxy skin in pets then you must be sure about frost bite.
8. Sodium Chloride: If you live in a too cold region and snowfall is very common then you should have noticed the use of sodium chloride to melt the snow on the two sides of the roads. But this salty solution is very dangerous for your pet. They are very harsh and may harm their paws. So while taking them for a walk use special boots for them.
These are the things you can do for your lovely pet during winter. So it is your duty to keep them warm all the time and let them also enjoy the winter like you. So this winter have lots of fun and stay safe with your pet.