Losing your pet is always very painful whatever animal it is. Especially when the loss becomes unexpected it hurts us more. We never think that our pet dog will dye suddenly without showing any signs or warning but in reality it sometimes occurs. You believe it or not, like humans dogs can also die all of a sudden without any disease. But the fact is that there is obviously some cause behind that death. Now to know about that cause you will have to get related to some facts and information. Sudden deaths in dogs are not very rare and so we suggest you to read this article to have some knowledge about that so that at least you can do something for your pet before they leave you.
Never think that somebody has poisoned your dog. It is a very rare chance and most of the dogs die all of a sudden to some other various reasons. Instead of blaming others think about those reasons. According to a scientific survey, nearly 10 percent of deaths in dogs caused every year are sudden. Amazingly very few of these dogs have any existence of chronic disease in their body. But what can be the reason? Veterinarians say that most of the sudden deaths in dogs are caused by Cardiac Diseases, Unobserved Trauma, Gastrointestinal Disease, Infection and Poisoning.
So now we can get an idea that most of the deaths are caused due to cancer, heart diseases, respiratory failures and Acute Infections. Again some death causes remain completely undetermined but still it is very rare. So let’s have a deeper look into all of them to give you all a clear idea and assumption about the matter.
Causes of Sudden Death in Dogs
1. Heart Disease: The most common cardiovascular diseases in dogs include myocardial or heart muscle degeneration, hypertrophy, necrosis, heart tumors, congenital anomalies and cardiomyopathies. These all diseases can cause sudden death in dogs. Cardiac tumors are a great cause but there are other cancer types which can also cause sudden deaths. Primary Cardiomyopathies are associated with 6% of total deaths. So it can be easily concluded that heart diseases are one of the most crucial factor that can take your pet’s life all of a sudden.
2. Gastro-intestinal Diseases: It is seen that most of the gastrointestinal diseases cause death in a short period of time and everything occurs all of a sudden. Sudden causes of Parvovirus with no clinical signs and volvulous all can result in a rapid detoriation and ultimate quick death.
3. Trauma: Trauma as a cause of sudden death in dogs is very rare and only very few examples of dogs is seen to die from unobserved trauma. A dog confined in a fenced area might find their way to the street or some may fall from a height of a house or an apartment. So for that you will have to be more and more careful about your dog.
4. Respiratory Diseases: Like Heart Diseases, respiratory diseases are also a great cause of dog deaths. Diseases like Pneumonia, infiltrative diseases, pyothorax are the main causes of such death. But these diseases have been found in most of the cases after the death. So to stay updated about these diseases, you will have to take your pet to veterinarians in a regular interval.
5. Neurologic diseases: Encephalitis and Meningitis are two diseases that can be associated with death and can be symptomatic only before few days of the death. These seizure disorders don’t results in death until and unless they persist in the body for a long time. So be careful about any type of symptoms in your dogs.
6. Urinary Diseases: Although there are various urinary infections that lead to death in dogs but actually it is not related to sudden death. But sometimes as an exception it has been found that sudden deaths are caused due to massive infections.
7. Poisoning: We were discussing about poisoning above in the article but here we will discuss it in details. Actually poisoning can be of two types Malicious and Inadvertent. Normally the first thing that comes into our mind after a sudden death is poisoning. But as stated previously in such case malicious poisoning is very uncommon. Only 5 percent of the total sudden deaths in dogs are caused by poisoning and most of them are actually inadvertent.
Now it is quiet unfortunate to say that nearly 20 percent of the total sudden deaths are caused due to undetermined reasons. Efforts are going on to find out some other causes of such deaths but till now the report says that no reasons have been found. This article is just made out to give you all the information about sudden deaths and the ways to get rid of that. After all we want that you can leave with your pet in a great peace and protect your pet from all types of hazards.