17. “You can judge a man’s true character by the way he treats his fellow animals.”
18. “All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn’t a dog.”
19. “A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral.”
20. “The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for white, or women created for men.”
21. “Animals don’t hate, and we’re supposed to be better than them.”
22. “The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven not man’s.”
23. “Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind and heart as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer.”
24. “You think those dogs will not be in heaven! I tell you they will be there long before any of us.
25. “If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.”
26. You know, sometimes the world seems like a pretty mean place.’
‘That’s why animals are so soft and huggy.”
27. “My girlfriend bought me a collared shirt for my birthday, mainly so I don’t get too far ahead of her when she takes me for a walk.”
28. “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
29. “I’m trying to translate what my cat says and put it in a book, but how many homonyms are there for meow? ”
30. It is just like man’s vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.
31. Man is the only animal that blushes – or needs to.
32. Humans are amphibians – half spirit and half animal. As spirits they belong to the eternal world, but as animals they inhabit time.