Animals have been a part of the human existence and in fact humans are just animals albeit endowed with intellect, the ability to speak, have emotions and some other such qualities. It is this very similarity in some senses and differences in some that makes humans have a relationship with animals. Here we have used the relationship without qualifying it as good or bad because humans and animals seem to have relationships that cannot be labeled or categorized. That is why there are many quotes related to animals.
In some aspects humans have helped their friends from the animal kingdom survive, thrive and grow and in some ways we have been really cruel to them. We have sometimes destroyed animals for the most selfish of reasons and at other times we have simply killed them for sport and in some of the cruelest ways we have made it impossible for some animal species to even be in existence. But no matter what we say, what we do or what we think our lives are inextricably linked with those of our animal friends.
This becomes really apparent when you look at life from a macro point of view. Somehow these quotes bring home the fact that we do think about our animals a lot. In some ways we love them more than we love our fellow beings and in others we find them worthy of learning from them. These animal quotes reflect a soft, warm and humorous way in which we view our friends of the animal kingdom.
When you read through these quotes, some of them will have you laughing outright and some will make you simply smile at the tart humor present in them and some of them will make you feel a little less human when you look at the noble qualities that animals possess.
Here are some Cute and Funny Animal Quotes:
1. “Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.”
2. “Happiness is a warm puppy.”
3. “Dogs never bite me. Just humans.”
4. “If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.”
5. “Animals are my friends…and I don’t eat my friends.”
6. “Meow” means “woof” in cat.”
7. “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
8. “Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That’s the problem.”
9. “Man is the cruelest animal.”
10. “I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.”
11. “I ask people why they have deer heads on their walls. They always say because it’s such a beautiful animal. There you go. I think my mother is attractive, but I have photographs of her.”
12. “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.”
13. “If animals could speak, the dog would be a blundering outspoken fellow; but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much.”
14. “The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”
15. “People speak sometimes about the “bestial” cruelty of man, but that is terribly unjust and offensive to beasts, no animal could ever be so cruel as a man, so artfully, so artistically cruel.”
16. “Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”