So are you really willing to breed your pet? Yes, it’s a very tough decision for a pet owner, if you are not a professional in this world. But now if you have almost finalized about the breeding decision, there are a lot of regulations that you should follow. Though you will get all the guidelines of breeding from the breeders, but still you have some of your own responsibilities. The main thing you should consider is the health regulations that will help your pet to be healthy and fit during and after the session. Here are few guidelines that will help you to follow the healthy breeding session for your pet.
Healthy Regulations to follow before making a Breeding Decision for your Pet:
1. Health Condition: The first and foremost thing is the health condition of your pet. Be sure that your pet is really healthy and talented to handle all these. If you have read about the breeding procedures, you have surely read about the breeding standards, and this is very important wherever you live.
2. Temperament: Among all the other healthy factors, you should keep in mind about the temperament of your pet. Actually, your pet should have an exceptional temperament and you can never forget about that. For example, if your pet have a bad temperament, you will have to face a lot of problem and also the breeders will face a lot of problems.
3. Handling the Pets: Remember that you will have to take care of the new born pets as your responsibility. After the breeding session, be ready to expect the younger pets and you can handle them in your home. Read about the health care tips and also discuss about this with your veterinarians.
4. Genetics: Most people do a mistake by ignoring this important factor, but actually, genetics is much related to the breeding procedure. You should always look into the genetic background of your pets. So talk with your veterinarian about the genetic test that will tell you about everything about pet. This actually helps in getting the database of the dog’s diseases and all related to genes.
5. Age: Be sure about the age of your pet. The thing is that most of the time, the age is assumed by us. But knowing the right age of your pet is very necessary in these cases. Actually, there is particular age after which breeding is healthy. But if you do before that, you may face many health hazards. So be careful about that.
6. Breeding Soundness Exam: This medical examination is all about getting your animals checked to make sure that they are ready for the breeding. In fact, semen analysis is also done in this test. If there is any contagious diseases for example, Brucellosis in dogs, it will be found in this test.
7. Balanced Diet: Be sure that you are giving your dog a balanced diet. At this time, it is very important to give your dog supplemental vitamins, calcium that are strictly recommended by your vet. Diet is one of the most basic things that keep your pet healthy. Then you will also have to keep in mind that you will care your pet during the whole gestation period. This is the most crucial time for a mother pet and you will have to take all the care responsibilities. Give them lots of clean and fresh water and provide them with clean bedding always.
So these are the basic health necessities that you will have to provide your pet. Remember that getting a pet is a responsibility and not a privilege. Don’t mix up these two things. In other words, as you bring your pet home, you will have to care for them in every step, as they can’t do that for their own. Each and every pet animal depends on their owner and so do your pet. So be ready to handle each and everything that will come in your way. Last but not the least; keep your pet in regular health check up that is always recommended. Stay in touch with the veterinarians always. Best of luck for all the process and do expect some cute new ones in your family.