We all celebrate Christmas with a lot of excitement and joy. Even the kids wait for this occasion all over the year. The main reason behind such a joyful occasion is that it is the birthday of Jesus. Christmas cake is an essential food for all the Christmas parties and so the cookies. We all make cookies to eat throughout the Christmas season but what about the fact when we have a dog at home? No never give the cookies you eat to your dogs. It is like a poison for them. Do you want to poison your dog? We don’t think so. Actually nobody wants to do so. So we have brought an amazing tutorial that will teach you to make yummy Christmas cookies for your lovely dog.
Here we are mentioning all the essential materials at first in a list form that will help you to arrange all of them in a single place while going through the procedure. If you get all the things near you while making any food, it will save a lot of your time.
2 Cups of whole wheat flour. (Some dogs are sensitive to wheat, if so switch for another type of wheat)
1.5 teaspoons of baking powder.
1/3 cup Peanut Butter.
1 cup Hot Water.
Dried Blueberries, Honey, Chia Seeds, cinnamon etc. (All these ingredients are for flavoring and seasoning).
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- If you have parchment paper at home, take a sheet of parchment paper with two sheets of cookie sheet and line it. If you don’t have parchment paper near your hand, you can also use olive oil to coat them. This will form a greasy feel.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients like wheat, baking powder or any other seasoning you would like to do. Drop the peanut butter in it. Add some slight hot water and stir it nicely. This is the trickiest part of this dough, nor make it too sticky nor make it too dry. If it had become a bit sticky, add some flour to it and if it’s too dry then add some slight water in the dough to make it soft. Instead of water, you can also use honey to make the dough smooth and soft. The fact is that you can do anything you like with the dough but don’t forget to maintain the ratio.
- Now roll the dough on a plain floured surface. Here you will have to use the cookie cutters to cut the cookies in shape. There are various shapes available like bone shape, tree shape, violin shaped or even you can use the opening of a cup if you don’t have cookie cutter at home. Now spread the shapes in the cookie sheets. Make sure that you leave space between each cookie as the size will expand after baking.
- Now it’s the baking time as you will have to bake it for 20 minutes minimum. Wait for the delicious smell to come in your nose.
- After it is completely baked, take it out and keep it under the fan for cooling. You should be sure that you dog is going to get the smell before you. So they will wait near you to get the delicious Christmas treat. Now after cooling down, serve your dog to see how they enjoy it.
- Store the rest cookies in an air tight container so that it doesn’t catch damp. Keeping the cookies in an airtight container will keep it crispy for a long time.
That’s an amazing short recipe for your lovely pet dog this Christmas. In fact this will also let you allow your dogs in the party that you are planning to make on the Christmas Eve. And lastly a Merry Christmas to all of you from animal.ekstrax.com