When you have already decided about having a freshwater aquarium in your home, you will have to know about a lot of things. Ultimately, you have come to the right article that will help you in getting a perfect aquarium with some beautiful fishes in it. Yes, it’s a great deal stocking your aquarium with some exotic tropical fishes. So when you are going to buy some fishes for your aquarium, just have some knowledge about the best fishes that’s going to make your aquarium special. Don’t make a mistake in this matter; otherwise, you will be making a great mistake. So, here’s look on the list of some great fishes that’s the best for your even you are a beginner.
Exotic Freshwater Tropical Fish Species Information:
1. Bloodfin Tetras: This fish is mainly identified by its shining silver body and red fins. They are very hard in nature and can live into an aquarium for about 10 years. They will be active most of the time moving here and there in your aquarium. They work well in a temperature of 64-82 degree Fahrenheit. It’s better to keep them in a group.
2. Danios: Danios is a great small fish for the beginners. Even when for the first time you are testing your aquarium you can start with this fish. They can adjust themselves in various types of aquarium conditions. They are very active and small and of course, the horizontal stripes on their body make them attractive.
3. Black Skirt Tetra: A peaceful fish that should be better kept in a pair. Normally they are known as great eaters and will try their mouth in any type of food. Mainly they have a tendency in staying at the centre of the aquarium. You should keep some rocks, plants and some hiding places for this fish.
4. Platies: Once again, a great fish for the beginners who come in a great variety. They stays well in a community tank and be ready about their reproduction because they will give birth to the young ones very frequently. They can be also bred to variety of color combinations.
5. Betta: Yes, you may know them with their other name Siamese Fighting Fish. The males are great with attractive and colorful fins. Don’t ever think of keeping them in a couple as they have a tendency of fighting with other betta fish. So keep them single in a tank. They mostly eat flake foods and pellets.
6. Gold fish: Gold fish is a very common aquarium fish that are always demanding and cheap in cost. They come in a lot of variety, colors and sizes. Gold fish is a great fish for the beginners. They are very messy eaters and don’t forget to change 10 percent of the aquarium water every week. They prefer the temperature between 62-74 degree Fahrenheit.
7. White Cloud: A very small fish known as White Cloud Mountain Minnow. They are known to tolerate old temperatures. They are very hardy in nature and tend to stay in the upper and center part of the aquarium. Try to keep them in group, which helps them develop more. They can live up to 5 years.
8. Black Molly: Black Molly is a very common and peaceful fish in the aquarium that can easily stay in a community tank. A great advantage of this fish is that they can stay in fresh, brackish and salty water. They are livebearers so it may be possible that you can end up with babies.
9. Kuhli Loach: You probably know about eel fish, this Kuhli Loach is an eel like fish that is very hardy in nature. It is a great addition for your tank. Mostly they hide during the daytime and will need some tunnels and cave made artificially in the aquarium. They help in keeping the aquarium by eating the foods at the bottom.
10. Swordtails: You already read about Platies and this fish is very closely related to them. They have a long bottom fin that almost looks like a sword. You can keep them in your tank to add some bright colors. They are long lasting and hardy in nature, which is good for the beginners.
11. Blue Gourami: This fish can adapt themselves in any type of aquarium conditions and are great eaters. They are very hardy and peaceful which is a great advantage for the beginners. So if you are thinking of an aquarium for the first time, you can think of this fish.
12. Marble Angel: Commonly they are known as Angelfish among the fish lovers. They love to stay is fresh water and so you will have to change waters very frequent. They are so popular that it can be said that almost everyone who has fresh water aquarium had an angelfish once.
13. Red Belly Pacu: It is one of the most popular fish around the world among the hobbyists. They are omnivores and feed themselves with insects and plant matters. They are also available in a budget. You will have to pellet foods for them.
14. Spotted Puffer: This is a very attractive species for your aquarium, mostly active all the time. They can be kept actively with aggressive fishes in the same tank. They are very friendly in nature and can adjust in almost all conditions.
15. Red Tail Shark: It is a bit aggressive in its own side and very peaceful with other fishes. They come from Thailand and have no such problems relating foods. Add a lot of vegetation in their diet. They have the name shark because of some similarities between the two species.
Here are the beautiful 15 species of tropical freshwater fishes that can be the best choice for your aquariums. So now, it’s up to you about choosing the right one for your aquarium and spend a good time with your pets.