Aquariums are mainly used to keep aquatic animals. We mostly see home aquariums which are hardly very big in size. Actually the home aquariums are mainly used to keep small sized fishes and other aquatic animals. An average home aquarium is 29-30 gallons in size which are mostly seen in the houses which keeps fish as pet. Actually, these aquariums when built of very large size contain big sea animals. We see many large aquariums situated in different countries which even carries whale. So probably now you have got the idea about its size. This article will give you the details of such aquariums which are largest in size all over the world. So read it to get some amazing information.
Largest Aquariums in the World:
1. Georgia Aquarium: Till now the largest aquarium in the world with a variety of 100000 sea creatures. The aquarium was opened in the year 2005. You should know that this is the only aquarium in the world outside Asia to contain Whale Sharks. The sharks are mainly kept in the tank with a capacity of 24 million liters water. It is situated in Atlanta.
2. Dubai Mall Aquarium: Probably you have heard of one of the largest shopping malls in the world, Dubai Mall. This mall contains a large aquarium in its centre part which holds about 10 million liters of water. It has also made its name in the Guinness Book of World Records of World’s Largest Acrylic Panel. It contains about 33000 aquatic animals.
3. Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium: This aquarium was inaugurated in 2002 at Japan. It is located in the Ocean Expo Park of Japan. This aquarium contains 7.5 million liters of water and features largest panel in the world which is about 27/74 feet and made of a glass of thickness about 24 inches. It also holds four Manta Rays in the aquarium till 2010 and lots of beautiful fishes.
4. L’Oceanographic: It is situated in the city of Valencia, Spain and probably the largest aquarium in Europe. It contains about 45000 species of aquatic animals with 7 million liters of water. The aquarium is divided into Zones according to the different types of ecosystem. People can access the 35 meters long under water tunnel joined by two underwater towers.
5. Turkuazoo: Turkuazoo is the largest aquarium of Turkey whish was opened in 2009. It is situated inside the Forum Istanbul Shopping Mall with a long underwater tunnel of about 80 meters for public. It consists of about 10000 sea creatures like tiger sharks, Piranha, giant sting rays etc.
6. Monterey Bay Aquarium: Monterey Bay Aquarium is situated in Monterey, California. It has a large water capacity and consists of a wide range of sea animals. It has two water tanks which are capable of holding small sea animals to a range of big sea animals. So one can have an easy look over the California coastal marine life.
7. uShaka Marine World: It is situated in Durban, South Africa. It is the largest aquarium in Africa with 32 tanks and it is mostly famous for holding number of restaurants inside it for peoples. So you could have an amazing dining drive with aquatic animals all around you. It has a wide range of aquatic animals from quiet small to large enough like whales and dolphins.
8. Sanghai Ocean Aquarium: No doubt it is one of the largest aquariums in the world. It carries many rare and beautiful aquatic species from all over the world. Actually this aquarium is divided into 9 aquatic zones according to the geographical locations and habitats. Some of the beautiful zones are Antarctic zone, Australia zone and the China Zone. It is also famous for its long underwater tunnel which is the longest in the world measuring 155 meters.
9. Aquarium of Genoa: This Aquarium is one of the largest aquariums of Europe. It is situated in Italy. It is a home for about 6000 aquatic animals with 70 separate tanks. Some of these tanks are made like natural environments like under the Indian Ocean, The Red Sea or the Mediterranean. The most attractive animals here are dolphins, seals and sharks.
10. Aquarium of Western Australia: This amazing aquarium which is also commonly known as AQWA is the largest aquarium of Australia. There is long 98 meters under water tunnel open for public and it contains almost about 30, 00,000 liters of sea water with a variety of sea animals like fishes, sharks and Manta Rays. People who are experienced in diving may also take a dive close to the fishes with aquarium’s dive master.
So if you love aquatic animals then you should obviously have a visit at these largest aquariums in the world. Really after getting inside the tunnels of these aquariums you will have an underwater experience. And you will get a chance to have a close look of various types of sea animals.